text.skipToContent text.skipToNavigation

Health and Support Services

What are the medical and extra support services in UK for new students?

Here are some of the support services available for International students

Orientation programs are held to welcome new students prior to any session being started in the UK at every school, college and university, to know about the new campus, it’s facilities and city.

Anyone looking for personal advice or assistance the student union or council for international student affairs is the right place for international students to reach out and seek help.

You can also avail free, independent and confidential guidance on your rights and responsibilities in the UK, about benefits, work, money, consumer, housing, healthcare and education.

Campus Support Service

There is always a dedicated team on campus for facilitating international students for any queries and concerns. The services provided include various assistance such as educational workshops, culture celebration and academic support. They also help in internship/employment opportunities and accommodation.

Student Union

It is common for every UK institute to have its own student association to help new international students to settle down with various activities such as academic support and accommodation.

Disabilities Support

Every institute in UK has a special team dedicate to look after students who have disabilities and/or require special assistance and arrangements to settle down.



Residing healthy while studying

There might come a time for you to avail medical support while studying in the UK.

If student is staying in the UK for a period of longer than six months of studies, then its generally easy to access treatments for free through the UK’s National Health Service (NHS):

  • Certain emergency treatment
  • Family planning amenities
  • Treatment of any certain infectious diseases

To be eligible for free or discounted NHS treatment, student must meet certain conditions and pay additional International Health charges as part of visa application. To know more, please visit the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website.

Register with a General Physician

It is recommended to register with a local doctor after arriving in the UK, as they will help with a wide range of health problems.

To register with the doctor student needs to visit a clinic during consulting hours, with:

  • letter from institution (proof of being student)
  • ID document (Passport)
  • any immigration documents (visa)

It is important to let the clinic know about getting treatment from NHS, so full cost of treatment can be avoided at time of billing.

Ready to get started? Book a FREE appointment to discuss your study options in UK.

Please select a level of study

Enter subject, choose from the list or hit search

  • Start typing, choose from the list or hit search

  • Enter subject, choose from the list or or hit search

Please type and select an institution

  • Type 3 characters of a university name and select from the list

  • Enter a university or school name and select from the list