text.skipToContent text.skipToNavigation


Care for yourself and your family with insurance

In order to protect your health, your home and your belongings, you must consider insurance.

Health insurance

Depending on where you live, there is a difference in the type of medical coverage administered to you.

If you are situated in a province where a provincial health plan does not facilitate international students, you will need to arrange private health insurance. A priority task should be to research on the health plans and insurance options available where you live.

Home and contents insurance

Home and contents insurance accounts for the building you reside in and your belongings, such as your furniture, clothes and appliances.

Building insurance is not your concern if you're renting, but in the event that valuable items are lost or stolen, contents insurance can prove to be helpful.

Health and support services available

Most universities, colleges and education institutions are aware of the challenges posed with moving to a new country, so they offer purposeful support services to benefit international students adjust to Canadian life and utilize your study (and holiday) time effectively.

The Canadian Federation of Students and Canadian Alliance of Student Associations are also brilliant resources – visit their websites to gain an insight about how they help students, and campaign to the government on your behalf.

Ready to get started? Book a FREE appointment to discuss your study options in Canada.

Please select a level of study

Enter subject, choose from the list or hit search

  • Start typing, choose from the list or hit search

  • Enter subject, choose from the list or or hit search

Please type and select an institution

  • Type 3 characters of a university name and select from the list

  • Enter a university or school name and select from the list