text.skipToContent text.skipToNavigation

Student Study Visa Requirements For Australia

If you are a Pakistani national wanting to study abroad, Australia has a lot to offer you. This country is one of the most popular globally because of its unique culture and friendly people. Living there means you can study, work, and play.

Students from all over the world have found Australia to be an excellent choice because of its easy visas and admission requirements. Learn how to get a student visa for Australia from the information below.

For Pakistani students, Australian student visa requirements are relatively straightforward. However, ensure you know the visa type before applying. When you study abroad on a student visa, you must be enrolled in an institution or a course listed in the Australian Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). It ensures that your course and the institution you attend will be up to international student standards.

Some associations provide regulatory and quality assurance services for higher education and VET institutions in addition to the ESOS Act and National Code. Their responsibilities include registering/re-registering institutions and accrediting/re-accrediting courses. They are:

  • The Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) provides a quality standard for higher education
  • Australian Skills Quality Agency (ASQA) for vocational education and training (VET).

Thus, regardless of what you want to study, where you want to study, or how long you want to study, you will have a rewarding experience studying in Australia.

English language test providers

Minimum score

Minimum score and at least 10 weeks (ELICOS)

International English Language Testing System (IELTS)



TOEFL internet-based test



Cambridge English: Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English)



Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)



Occupational English Test

B for each test component


Applying online for an Australian Student Visa

To submit your student visa application, you must register for an ImmiAccount account through DIBP's online application system. The application form should be filled out, student visa documents should be attached, and you must pay the application fee. Once you have submitted your visa, you can keep track of its status through ImmiAccount.

Australia Student Visa Requirements for Pakistan

Following are the Australian student visa requirements for Pakistan.
  • Applicants must meet the requirements for Genuine Temporary Entrants (GTEs).
  • Letter of Acceptance from the University
  • Finances Required
  • Arrangements for Accommodation
  • Medical Checkup
  • Test certificate of language proficiency
  • A letter from the police station confirming the candidate has not been involved in any criminal activity (previously or currently)
  • Tuition fees
  • Medical Insurance
  • English Language Requirement

    You must show language proficiency test results. The IELTS band requirements for an Australian study visa differ by institution. With at least a 5.5 band score, you can gain admission as well as a study permit from Australia. Before applying for a student visa, you must take an English language test.

    Financial Requirements for Australia Student Visa

    It is crucial that you prove to the Australian Government that you have enough money to cover the costs of studying in Australia, including tuition, housing, dependents, living expenses, and travel. Therefore, you should be aware of the following points about Australian student fee requirements when applying for a student visa for Australia:

    • You must have at least 12 months' worth of funds to cover your living expenses in Australia, including those of any family members who accompany you. Students must show proof of a personal annual income of 60,000 AUD, while those accompanying family members must show proof of at least 70,000 AUD per year. Proof can come from either spouse or parent.
    • If you want to take out a loan, you must provide proof of the agreement between you and the lender. You may also be asked to provide evidence of the collateral used for the loan.
    • In the case of school-age children, you will be required to show that you can pay 8,000 Australian dollars per year for their tuition.

    Support letter

    Upon acceptance to a full-time study program funded by a scholarship scheme of the Australian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, you'll have to submit a letter of support as proof of your enrollment. Similarly, you can apply for a student visa with a letter of support if the Australian Department of Defence has funded you.

    Health Insurance

    Each visa applicant and member of your family must hold and maintain OSHC (Overseas Student Health Coverage). To get an OSHC, find an approved insurer in Australia and pay for the policy. Any member of your family joining you after your arrival in Australia must be registered with OSHC before they can seek visas. The insurance should cover you for the entire time you will live in Australia.

    • A minimum of 430 AUD/year is required for singles
    • Couples are required to have a minimum of 2680 AUD a year
    • A family needs at least 4000 AUD of coverage per year

    Generally, the approval of an Australian visa takes 4 to 5 weeks. Within seven days of your arrival in Australia, you'll have to do your registration at the university where you have been accepted.

    If you wish to get a consultation on student visa requirements for Australia, we are here for you! We provide a free visa application counseling session that will help you with every step of the process.

    Ready to get started? Book a FREE appointment to discuss your study options in Australia.

Please select a level of study

Enter subject, choose from the list or hit search

  • Start typing, choose from the list or hit search

  • Enter subject, choose from the list or or hit search

Please type and select an institution

  • Type 3 characters of a university name and select from the list

  • Enter a university or school name and select from the list