faq Some Questions About New Zealand
A: It's recommended that tertiary students budget for up to NZ$10,000 for living expenses per year, which can include the food accommodation, using of public transport, telephone charges, entertainment and other miscellanies costs. The living costs are very versatile, as it will vary based on the life style of the student.
A: The cost of education, in particular, is very competitive, which means that in New Zealand, you can afford a world-class education with a very competitive price tag. The cost would range anywhere between NZ$ 15,500 to NZ$ 24,000 per annum. This would vary from institutions to institutions and course to course.
A: The university year begins in late February or early March with an orientation week, and ends in October. Each university has its own timetable but generally the year is divided into two semesters of about 12 weeks each. Most courses are “full year” courses, i.e. they last through both semesters, but some courses only take one semester, so that it is sometimes possible to start university study in July.
A: New Zealand provides a wide array of accommodations to choose from. Most of the universities provide accommodation in halls of residence/hostels but other options like private houses/apartments, home stay with New Zealand family, etc are widely available at affordable costs.
A: Students undertaking a full-time course of study culminating in a recognized diploma or degree, taking at least one academic year to complete & students undertaking a full time course of study culminating in a qualification that would qualify for points under the Skilled Migrant Category may be granted a variation of conditions to their student permit to allow them to work for 20 hours per week and fulltime during term breaks.
A: International students are not entitled to publicly funded health/medical care services while in New Zealand. If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable for the full costs of that treatment. It has now become compulsory under New Zealand law for international students to have travel / health insurance before coming here to study.
A: After completing a polytechnic or university qualification that has a minimum completion time of two years, students can apply for a work permit that allows them to work up to a maximum of two years. An offer of employment relevant to qualifications is required.
A: If you are a student visa holder you are not permitted to enroll in online courses. The only exception would be if the online course were additional to your full time load.
A: Yes, Apart from the Academic marks the only requirement for any course is IELTS. Hence the students need not do GRE. But some universities may require GMAT forMBA programs assessment.
A: IELTS (International English language testing system) examinations test the English proficiency of students in the area of their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. The British council conducts this examination. They offer tests in both general and academic English. Universities  accept the academic English test results. Please visit www.ielts.org to find an IELTS center close to you.
A: Yes you can submit your application to the university. However, it is YOUR responsibility to ensure that you complete your application by submitting the test report at the earliest
A: Original documents need not be sent to the international center, as they will not be returned as the usual course. All document’s photocopies must be certified against the original.
A: No. But the University offers regular career fairs where employers can meet with students who will soon graduate. The Student Job Service located on campus also has a current listing of positions available both for student jobs and graduate positions.  There is also a Careers Center located in Student Services, which helps students to male informed career decisions about how they might use their qualifications and abilities to achieve their career goals. As a universal requirement if the student performs the course of study well all the expectations of the students will fall in place to achieve the carrier goal.
A: Yes, the students can enroll for postgraduate foundation programs to prepare graduates for postgraduate study. If the students enroll for bridging courses the duration of the master’s degree will be more than the usual years of study.