faq Some Questions About UK


A:The PBS is the method for deciding whether you qualify to come to study in the United Kingdom. TO qualify, you must earn a certain number of points in two categories. For more information on PBS and how it works, contact with our counselors at any nearest HS Consultants office.
A: A Foundation Course (or sometimes known as Access course) is an alternative route to an undergraduate degree program. It is basically a one-year (If start in September OR October) OR 7 Months (if start in January) pre-university course that is specific to the subject that you wish to study at undergraduate degree level. You will be able to enroll onto an undergraduate degree program when you satisfactorily complete this course, subject to your meeting all the university’s specific entry requirements.
A: An intermediate student, O-levels OR SSC passes students, with minimum of IELTS 4.5 but preferably 5.0 Band in many Universities.
A: It is an extensive 3 OR 4 terms program of academic subjects.  It is designed to provide direct path to year 2 and is equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate degree. On successful completion of the course and having met the required entry standards, students will proceed directly to their preferred degree program.
A: An Intermediate student with at least 50% or above, students have completed A-levels or AS-levels but not acquire a good grades can get year offer from selected institutes. Students should have IELTS 5.5 Band but low band IELTS holder can be accepted with Pre-session course.
A: HS Consultants (Pvt) Ltd has collaboration with five prestigious educational groups worldwide:
- Cambridge Education Group
- Kaplan
- Navitas
- Study Group
A: The Pre-Master offers direct path to a Master Degree for International students, who do not meet the University's Postgraduate entry requirements or wanted to refresh their knowledge. It is the best way to prepare for Postgraduate degree. Students can progress into various Master program and MBA through Pre-Master course.
A: Students having 3 years Bachelor Degree OR having 16 years degree but not having required results OR students wanted to do MBA but not having required experience can do Pre-Master course. Further students having low score of IELTS such as 5.5 OR 5.0 also could do this course.
A: Universities offer very attractive merit based scholarships and competitive discounts. Please do contact to our staff member for confirmation of discount or scholarship offer by your chosen university.
A: Generally, the entry requirement for a Master’s program is a good undergraduate degree in a related field. However, for those who do not possess a first degree, their application may still be considered based on their own merits as admissions decisions are made independently by each institution. Working experience, although not necessary in some cases, would be an advantage. If the admissions office still considers your qualifications and/or working experience insufficient, they may recommend that you do extra courses at the university before fully embarking on the Masters program. Universities also ask applicants to show proof of the English language ability through the IELTS examination.
A: Yes, you can do Professional Courses like ACCA & CIMA with a very affordable tuition fees.
A: Yes, International students who get admissions in Public Funded/Government Institutions are allowed to work part-time (for not more than 20 hours per week) during term and full time during vacations.
A: There are two costs involved: - Course fees
- Living expenses
A: The average range of fees you should expect to pay includes: - Boarding Schools - £7,000 - £10,000 per term (there are 3 terms in a year)
- Pre-university courses - £7,000 - £9,000 per year
- Undergraduate courses - £7000 - £25,000 per year
- Postgraduate courses - £8,000 - £25,000 per year
A: Generally speaking, you will need to budget £9000 per annum if you studying in London and £7200 per annum if you are studying outside London. These include costs paid towards food and lodging.
A: No, as such no age limit, however it’s expected that the student must show his intended to study there.
A: Yes, if you are going to study in the UK on a course lasting more than six months, your child (from the age of four up to sixteen) will be eligible to study in a state school.
A: Yes, if you are enroll on a course that lasts for six months and above, you will be entitled to Healthcare under the National Health Service. It also covers your spouse and your children if they are below 16. This means that consultation with GP is free and you would only need to pay prescription charges.
A: You can file for an Administrative Review in some particular cases.
A: Only genuine students are granted visas.
A: Yes, but first you have to study at least six months in the same university then you can transfer to another university with the consent of current education provider
A: Yes, you can because it is a multiple Visa.
A: There are few restrictions apply on student visa, as you cannot initiate a business. You are supposed to be attending classes. Not involved in any activity other than studies.
A: Copies of all educational documents, copy of IELTS/TOEFL results, two photographs, two reference letters from your last place of study and copy of experience letter if any.
A: Applicant could track the status of their application through PTCL land lines: 090010411& from mobile dial: 8865 follow the instructions accordingly or log on: www.ukvacpk.com

www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk         UK Border agency
www.ukcisa.org.uk         UK Council for International Student Affairs
www.liv.ac.uk         Info on studying, living & working in UK
www.ukvacpk.com         UK visa info for Pakistan
www.studentcalculator.org         helping you manage your money as UK Student
www.justjobs4students.co.uk         Student jobs portal for UK students
www.tfl.gov.uk         Transport for London