faq Some Questions About China


A: Applicants should apply for their chosen program at least two months before the start date.
A: Under normal circumstances, students who majored in science or the humanities can apply for postgraduate programs in economics and business. Science majors who apply for humanities subjects are also usually admitted. However, it is unusual for humanities majors to be admitted to master's programs in science and engineering. This will depend on the individual's Bachelor's degree and transcript i.e. what they studied as an undergraduate. Students who did not study chemistry and math in high school cannot apply for medical programs.
A: China's Undergraduate and Master’s degree programmes are taught in English and students do not require any knowledge of Chinese to study these academic programmes.
A: Education in China is even more affordable as compared to many countries. The tuition fee for a student (UG/PG courses) studying in China is $ 3,000 – $ 5,000 annually while universities charge $ 100 for textbooks levied by the university at the beginning of course.
A: Welcoming global students, China is now offering education in English with teachers well versed in the language. The country also conducts separate classes for international students so that they can get proper attention. It is not required for a student to learn the language but it is always advisable to learn the basics in order to sustain in a foreign land.
A: A first time visa applicant to China will be permitted a maximum of a double entry permit. A second time applicant may receive a 6 months multiple entry permit, a third time applicant can get a 1 year permit, and the 2 year permit is available only to 4th time applicants and beyond. In China, visas are given letter designations, with tourist visas being referred to as Chinese L visas and business visas as the Chinese F visa category.
A: A student needs to submit following documents along with the visa application:
  • A valid passport as well as a copy of its information page. Your valid passport must have at least six months of remaining validity and at least one blank visa page in it.
  • Application form: One completed Visa Application Form with genuine information and your signature.
  • Photo: one recently-taken 2x2 square inch sized colour photo glued or stapled to the application form.
  • An original and a photocopy of the Letter of Admission, Foreign Student Visa Application Form (JW202) issued by the relevant Chinese government unit.
A: With government providing all the required amenities, China is an affordable country. Living in China is not much expensive for a student. The accommodation fee will come around $ 3,000 annually while living cost id just about $ 2,000 approx.
A: According to government regulations in China, international students cannot work during their studies. However, part-time work or internships are sometimes allowed.
A: It is essential to have an insurance policy to cover your time in China and this can be included in your course fees.  We offer a policy specifically tailored to students in China via Endsleigh Insurance which includes loss of personal possessions, travel, health and medical claims.  Full details of the insurance policy and cover will be incldued in your offer and confirmation pack.
A: It is possible to claim a full refund if your visa application is refused. You will be required to show evidence of the refusal before a refund can be made.
A: For students on a short-term visa of less than 6 months such as a Tourist visa or L visa, no medical check is required. Longer term (academic) students will need to do a medical check to convert their L visa into a Residence Permit once they are in China. It is better to have the Foreigner Physical Examination carried out in China.