faq Some Questions About Australia
A: The Australian Visa Office officially takes around 10-12 weeks to process a Student Visa.
A: Students must meet minimum academic requirements and need a sufficient level of English language proficiency for entry to Australian education and training institutions. Institutions will assess whether you meet the selection criteria set for your proposed course of study. They will look at the level and content of the study you have completed in Australia or your home country.
A: On an average an international student may spend about AUD 360 per week accommodation, food, clothing, entertainment, transport and telephone. Do keep in mind that this figure depends on your style of living; location and also what course is you studying. However you have to show that you have enough financials to cover your living cost, pay tuitions and your travel.
A: Yes. There are various scholarships available for international students. Though majority of these scholarships are available at Post Graduate level by Universities but some institutes also offer Undergraduate scholarships. Please check with your nearest HS Consultants office for an update.
A: Generally Australian universities have two Intakes. The first is from February to June and the second from July to November. This can vary somewhat between universities.
A: International students and their dependants are required (as a condition of their student visa) to maintain adequate health insurance arrangements, approved by the Australian Department of Health and Ageing, for the duration of their program. Students are responsible for maintaining a valid OSHC cover at all times.
A: From the day that you arrive to study in Australia until the day that you leave Australia.
A: Yes it is acceptable.
A: Yes. IELTS/ Toefl and Pearson satisfied result is required to get admission into desire course.
A: Students have a number of options available that can be on-campus or off-campus such as hostels, rented housing, home stay etc.
A: International students who hold a student visa with work rights are permitted to work up to 40 hours per fortnight while study is in session. During recognised vacation periods offered by the education provider, they are permitted to work unlimited hours. Students are not permitted to work until they have commenced their studies. Students enrolled in master by research or doctorate courses (subclass 574 student visa holders) are permitted to work unlimited hours only after they have commenced the course. Should they undertake a preliminary course such as an English language course, they are limited to 40 hours per fortnight during that course.
A: Yes, you can do so however in some cases a student is granted a 'No further Stay' clause on their visas. In that case one has to come back and re-apply for a fresh student visa application from the home country.
A: Yes they can apply for student dependent visa and meet the criteria to be granted a defendant visa.
A: International students on student visas are to remain with the education provider with whom they originally enrolled for the first six calendar months of their course, or if the course is less than six months, for the duration of the course. If a student is undertaking a pre-requisite course, they are to remain with the provider of the pre-requisite course for the length of that course, and then with the education provider providing the principal course of study for the first six calendar months. If a student intends to change education provider before completing six calendar months of their principal course as described above, they must seek approval from their current education provider by obtaining a Letter of Release. For students who have not commenced their principal course of study at Curtin, this will be from the International Office and students who have commenced their principal course should contact Student Central. If after arrival in Australia a student wishes to study a new principal course, in a different education sector to their current principal course, they must apply for a new student visa using Form 157A. For accurate visa application charges, please check the Fees and Charges section on the DIBP website.
A: While students are currently enrolled in full-time study, they may renew their student visa in Australia as long as their current student visa is not subject to Condition 8534 'no further stay'. It is recommended that steps are taken to renew a student visa approximately one month before the existing student visa expires. Please refer to the student visa renewal website for further information on obtaining a new electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE).
A: After a student has commenced study, their dependants may also work or apply for a permission to work visa, via Form 157P. Dependants are permitted to work up to 40 hours per fortnight, with exception of the dependants of the following, who may work unlimited hours: - Students enrolled in a master by coursework (subclass 573)
- Students enrolled in a master by research or doctoral degree (subclass 574)
A: You may want to extend your stay in Australia for further study, graduation, a holiday, work or migration. You should be able to obtain a new visa to enable you to stay on and even work towards permanent residence and citizenship if you are eligible, provided you do not have a 'No Further Stay' condition on your current student visa. Please visit the DIBP website to obtain more information on the types of visas available and the application procedure.
www.studyinaustralia.gov.au (Study in Australia)
www.immi.gov.au (Immigration Australia)
www.australia.gov.au (Government of Australia)
www.coag.gov.au (Council of Australian Government)
www.australian-universities.com (List of Australian Universities)
www.graduatecareers.com.au (Jobs for Australian Graduates)
www.jobsearch.gov.au (Government website for job search)
www.seek.com.au (No.1 website for job search in Australia)