Friday, April 18, 2014
Text Size

Site Search


In the excitement of arriving in a new country, it can be easy to become distracted and misplace things, especially as you get on and off planes, trains and coaches.

Here is some practical advice to help you when you first arrive in the UK.

* Take special care of your passport, travel documents and tickets and keep them with you in a safe place.

* Before you travel, take a photocopy of all the pages of your passport and pack this separately from your passport. If you do lose your passport contact the police and your Embassy immediately and give them your passport details.

* We strongly advise against carrying large amounts of cash with you. Just bring enough to cover your immediate needs (about £1500 approximately).

* If possible, your cash should include some coins so that you can use public telephones and ticket machines during your travel.

* Carry cash, credit cards and traveler's cheques in a safe place, such as an inside pocket, a money belt or a zipped bag. Make a note of the serial numbers of your travellers' cheques and pack. If you lose your traveler's cheques or credit card, report the loss to the police and the issuing organization immediately.

* Keep the personal telephone index handy, in case you need to call, you can easily contact them.

* Label your luggage clearly so that it can be forwarded to you if it gets separated from you during the journey. At airports check the'lost property office' to see whether it hasbeen handed in there.If you do lose your luggage, report the loss immediately to officials of the airline.

* If you need to leave your luggage somewhere while you change money or make telephone catls,find an official 'left luggage office' (available at airports and at major rail and coach stations). For a small fee, you will be able to leave your luggage in a supervised area. The attendant will give you a receipt so that you can collect your items later.

* Always use a licensed taxi. You can check whether the taxi is licensed by looking at the back of it to ensure an official license plate is attached before you get in. You should never agree to travel in an unlicensed taxi with an unlicensed driver.

* From Heathrow Airport, you can safely travel in one of the famous’ black cabs'. At other airports the Information desk will give you the names of reputable companies who are permitted to work there. Never agree to travel with someone who approaches you inside the terminal building unless you have made a specific arrangement to be met by a 'minicab' company.

Enrollment Procedure at Proposed College/University

* Visit your proposed institution.
* Show your offer letter to the concerned representative of the institution.
* Pay the required deposit to the institution to get enrolled.
* Ask about the date and time schedule of your regular classes to be commenced.

Opening a Bank Account

Open a Bank Account in appropriate bank is very necessary for every International student. All the employer in the UK paid Salaries through Banks. Employers are very reluctant to give you a Job without having Bank Account. Daily Banking is very vital in UK life. You can pay off your bills and fees etc through Direct Debit method. Following documents are required to open a Bank Account.

* Request Letter from University
* Copy and Original Passport (Proof of identity)
* Proof of address

National Insurance Number

National Insurance is very important component to work in the UK; this made once in your life and it help UK government to collect Tax from the workers. Without having it getting a job is-very difficult. Students should contact local Social Security office, which normally near by Job Centers. Take appoint from there and appear on given date. This may take 1-3 months. Before getting

Following documents are required to make National Insurance card

* Reference letter from University College (Normally taken from Student Services department)
* Three refusal from different Employer or
* Offer letter from employer

Registration with Local General Practitioner (Doctor)

This is very important for every student to get registered with Local General Practitioner (Doctor), Because Medical is free for every international student. Incase of any emergency, you can contact to General Practitioner in your area for Medical Treatment..

Registration with University Student Union

Every University has student union, where normally students are the members. International students can become the member of students union and take part in extra curricular activities. Student unions also help the student to get the part time jobs through Job Mart or Job Shop in university.
Finding private accommodation.

It is important for you to have suitable, safe accommodation while you are studying in the UK. Start making arrangements as soon as you have got the visa.

You can get information about accommodation owned by private landlords from the accommodation office at your institution.

Here are some tips to help you find safe, private accommodation:

* Ask the accommodation office at your institution for advice and help. They may have lists. of local accommodation to rent and may also have inspected into check it is suitable. They may be able to help if you have any problems. Check whether the accommodation you are going to see is in a safe area before you go to find out about crime statistics in the area you are planning to live, look at:

* If possible, take someone with you when viewing accommodation. If you are alone, leave the address you are going to and your, expected time of return with a friendor colleague.

* Find out exactly who might have access to the accommodation apart from yourself.

* Be businesslike in your dealings with prospective owner of the

* If you feel uncomfortable with anyone who is showing you accommodation, mantion that friends know where you are and are expecting your return at a certain time.



HS Consultants Infomercial


HS Consultants Book





What is the Ideal Destination for higher studies?